- There were a number of concepts presented this week.
a.) Which did you know already?
Of the concepts introduced this week, I found that I was already quite familiar with a number of different concepts such as the evaluation criteria of web/print resources, search engines, and Boolean operators. We had covered these techniques during my communications class. We were able to use these tactics in order to effectively research topics for our speeches.
b.) Which were new to you?
Although I was already somewhat familiar with the different components of a URL (specifically HTTP, Server Addresses, Sub-Directories, File Names & Domain names), I now have a clearer understanding of what each component specifies. For example. I now know that if a URL contains a tilde, it may be personal page. Furthermore, I now know the two-digit codes used to specify other countries. - If you were given a research assignment and you chose the web as one strategy for your search, name three important evaluation elements you need to consider.
If I were given a research assignment I would consider the following three evaluation elements:
1) Currency
2) Credibility
3) Coverage/Depth
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Unit 01 Assignment 01 Part 01
Research Log Entry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Excellent! aline
ReplyDelete